Tallebudgera “Physical Dialogue” Retreat: 3-5 August 2012
From the first moments of the retreat we will be moving, exploring our surroundings and getting to know both the internal and external landscapes we will be working with. The sand and rocks under our feet, the breath in our lungs, the flow of thoughts and images in our minds.
Over the course of the 3 day retreat we will be sharing and applying a wide range of embodied wisdoms, from Parkour’s reach/escape tools, to breath-based relaxation and regulation, tactical awareness, meditation, bodyweight conditioning, nutritional and metabolic science, mobility and flexibility, mindfulness, effective running techniques, and more!
The retreat flows through a series of workshops or “Physical Dialogues” in which we explore a range of methods to develop and enhance our training beyond just the physical.
Some of the dialogues are completely movement based, others centre around specific information and some are more self-exploratory. All we ask is that you bring your mind, body and spirit to each dialogue. Be prepared to let them out, let them play and let them challenge each other!
- Parkour – foundations. Parkour is the common thread that brought together the Mobius Collective. Developed by David Belle in France, Parkour is a philosophy and training method for movement through any environment at speed. The concept is to overcome all physical and mental obstacles in your path by using your body and mind to run, climb, jump and vault.
- Breathwork for relaxation and situational applications. Engage the breath as a tool for relaxation and explore further uses of breath-awareness and control for specific situations.
- Navigating the Internal Landscape. Identifying and overcoming internal obstacles such as fear, anxiety, self-doubt etc.
- Nutrition and health. Gain insight into the metabolic and nutritional influences on our health and wellbeing.
- Discussions. A number of discussions will be facilitated to encourage reflection and share wisdom.
- Tactical Movement. Cultivate heightened situational awareness and make intuitive and appropriate decisions about your path and actions.
- The Natural Method. Strengthening the body and its natural capacities using creative bodyweight and natural-environment inspired training tools and techniques.
- Mindfulness. Experience the mind from the perspective of movement and develop awareness of the mind/body connection.
- Quadrupedie: Work and Play. Deepen your understanding of movement and explore flexibility, mobility, balance and strength.
- And more!
The Physical Dialogue Retreat is taking place in the beautiful beachside setting of the Tallebudgera Active Recreation Centre: 1525 Gold Coast Hwy, North Palm Beach Qld 4221